Please read carefully the Submission Rules, Submission Guidelines and Terms and Conditions before you consider your entry, particularly the requirements regarding file format, file size, file name and file type, otherwise by not following the rules you may be jeopardizing your entry fee and opportunity to be exhibited.
Prepare your entry. Make sure you have saved the images in the correct format (.jpg) in the correct size (no bigger than 1MB and not more than 1024 pixels on its longest/widest side), with the right file name format. Images must be saved in the following file name format familyname_firstname_imagenumber.jpg i.e smith_john_o1.jpg If you have more than one portfolio/series your file name must be familyname_firstname_portfolio number_image number.jpg i.e smith_john_p1_o1.jpg.
You can enter a maximum of 8 images per entry. Each entry should be a .JPG file not more than 1024 pixels on the longest side and not more than 1MB in size. Any CV’s, statements or supporting documents must also be saved using the same naming convention and contain your surname and name in the file name smith_john_CV.doc
Register. You will be asked your contact details: we need them to notify you if you are selected to exhibit. The information you enter (Name, Country, Website) will be used for name labels, catalogue etc.
Once you have submitted your registration form you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the secure payment system. This link will redirect you to the page where you can pay and upload your images. You can pay your entry fee by Paypal or by credit or debit card. You do not need a Paypal account to pay by Paypal.
However, if you don’t have a Paypal account we would advise you to create one. Because if you are selected and any of your exhibited prints are sold, we can then also use your Paypal account to make a payment back on to your account.
Click on the link in the email you receive following your registration. There you can pay for your submission: £45 (UK Sterling) for up to 8 images. You will need to pay before you can upload your images. If you are selected this fee will also cover printing, transport and installation costs of your work.
Once you have paid for your entry, you will either automatically be redirected by Paypal to the page on our site where you can upload your images. Or if you are paying by Credit Card you will need to click back on the link taking you back on to the page on our site where you can upload your images and your statement and/or CV.
This link will take you to the page where you can upload your images and complete your submission.
If you make a payment by using your Paypal account, you will automatically be redirected to your upload page once you have made the payment. If alternatively, you make a payment by using your credit card, without using a Paypal account, on some occasions you may not be automatically redirected to the upload page. So you will need to click on the link to get back to the upload page. See below.
If you miss this link, just email us on email@example.com the email address you used to make the payment and we will email you the the details of how to upload your images.
We will announce the selected exhibitors on the website and will notify you only if your image or images have been shortlisted/selected for the exhibition.
If you have been selected to exhibit we will ask you to send us a High Resolution file so that we can print and hang your images. Due to the constraints of the unusual gallery walls and spaces, your image will be printed at a size determined by the Photography Open Salon so that the overall exhibition makes a coherent hanging. If your images are selected, we will send you more detailed instructions nearer the time on how and where to upload your High Resolution files.
We will print and hang your images. However, you can choose to send us your own prints, but they will have to be at a size specified by Photography Open Salon so that the prints fit the Galerie Huit walls. Please see Terms and Conditions.
If you have been selected we will print your images for you and you will be given a valuable opportunity to exhibit your work in a prestigious international gallery, Galerie Huit, where your work will be offered for sale, during and alongside Les Rencontres d’Arles photography festival from 2nd July to 23rd September 2012. You will be given the opportunity to have your work seen by many prominent industry professionals from around the World that come to the festival every year. From 6th-23rd September the installation will be rearranged to accommodate another exhibition in Galerie Huit.
Photography Open Salon will print, exhibit and offer your work for sale and you will receive a 50% share of any proceeds from the sale of your image, less the cost of the print and framing if the print is sold framed. You can also choose not to offer your print for sale. Please see Terms and Conditions.
The overall winning artist will be given the opportunity to benefit from a one month Artist Residency with Galerie Huit Arles. The Residency must be used between September 2012 and May 2013. Please see Terms and Conditions.
In early 2013 a selection of exhibited images from Galerie Huit Arles will also be seen by new audiences in South-East Asia, at the Photography Open Salon South-East Asia. Exact dates and Venue to be confirmed nearer the time.
Please read carefully the Submission Rules, Submission Guidelines and Terms and Conditions before you consider your entry, particularly the requirements regarding file format, file size, file name and file type, otherwise by not following the rules you may be wasting your entry fee and opportunity to be exhibited.
- The exhibition theme for this year is An Eye for an Ear. The choice of subject matter and interpretation of the theme is up to you.
- All images should be uploaded digitally on to the competition website http://photographyopensalon.org
- Images must be saved and uploaded as .jpg file format and should be maximum of 1024 pixels at its widest and the file size must be no larger than 1mb
- Images must be saved in the following file name format familyname_firstname_imagenumber.jpg i.e smith_john_o1.jpg
- If you have more than one portfolio/series your file name must be familyname_firstname_portfolio number_image number.jpg i.e smith_john_p1_o1.jpg.
- Images sent in different file format and in different file size and not named using the correct naming convention as above will not be considered.
- Any CV or Statement attachments must also have file name format as familyname_name_document name i.e smith_john_CV.doc
- If your files are not named correctly as specified above they will not be filed all in one place and as a result your CV will not accompany your images. Please make sure that you do not name your files as ‘CV latest, Open Salon BIO or anything similar and non descriptive without your familyname_name’ etc.
- The entry form must be completed and the entrance fees paid in total before any entries could be considered. If for any reason you cannot make an online payment on our website please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative ways of payment.
- Images can be entered as single images or as portfolios.
- Entry fee is £45 (UK Sterling) for an entry of up to 8 images.
- A maximum of 8 images can be submitted per one entry.
- It is possible to submit more than one entry. We would advise you however, to carefully edit down your images first, as sometimes less is more. You should only enter several entries, if you really feel you have several strong bodies of work.
- Entry of 8 images can consist of one portfolio of up to 8 images or more than one portfolio (up to a total of 8 images i.e. two portfolios of 4 images) or just a series of individual 8 images.
- Each portfolio can consist of different stand alone images, however entering a series will give the judges a better understanding of your style and concept.
- Entries will not be accepted by post or by hand.
- Entries may be in black and white or in colour.
- Entries may be taken using digital or film, or can be taken cameraless or as photograms.
- Scans from film or prints are acceptable.
- You may enter a combination of images taken digitally or on film as part of your entry.
- You should make the appropriate selection to indicate whether the image was taken digitally or on film.
- Digital retouching and manipulation of images is accepted provided that all works are original works and not copies of other people’s works.
- You may enter an image that has previously been entered into or has won another photography competition or open call, provided that, by doing so, you are not in breach of the terms and conditions of the Photography Open Salon or any other photography competition.
- You may enter an image taken at any time in the past.
- If you are selected to exhibit we will contact you and you will be asked to send us a high resolution file. Please see Terms and Conditions.
- Photography Open Salon will print your images. However, you may send your own prints as long as they are at a size specified by Photography Open Salon, as the artwork has to allow for the constraints of the Galerie Huit unusual walls. Please see Terms and Conditions.
- The closing date for entries is 25th April 2012.
- Winning finalists will exhibit at Galerie Huit Arles during and alongside Les Rencontres d’Arles Photography Festival from 2nd July – 23rd September 2011, during Galerie Huit regular opening hours, and by appointment.
- From 6th-23rd September the installation will be rearranged to accommodate another exhibition in Galerie Huit.
- Photography Open Salon will print, exhibit and offer your work for sale you will receive a 50% share of any proceeds from the sale of your image. Less the costs of the print and framing (unless it is your own original print).
- The winner of the Artist in Residence must use the residency with Galerie Huit Arles between September 2012 and May 2013. Specific dates to be agreed in advance with the gallery.
- Selected images from the Arles Photography Open Salon will also be exhibited in early 2013 at Photography Open Salon South-East Asia. Exact dates and Venues for 2013 will be confirmed nearer the time.